CGWS Issue IV
The Contemporary Ghanaian Writers’ Series is an e-published anthology platform for upcoming Ghanaian writers in Ghana and the diaspora.
For our fourth issue we are looking for poems, stories, or essays of any genre that explores the many facets of living; as a human being and/or as a Ghanaian. Special attention would be paid to genre-bending work. Read our previous issues here to get an idea of previously accepted work.
See the submission guidelines below for more details.
We accept submissions of original fiction, non-fiction essays and poetry only, which should be sent to email@example.com with subject “Genre (thus Fiction, Non-Fiction, Poetry) – CGWS Anthology”. Please wait for a response before sending another submission.
Fiction & Nonfiction essays
We consider short stories and essays from 1500 to 3000 words, though most of the work selected for publication is much shorter. Send one short story or essay only.
We consider poetry of any style. Please limit poetry submissions to no more than three(3) poems. Please also keep in mind that line lengths are limited by the size of our anthology.
Submissions open on 1st October and end on 12th November. Submissions before or after the submission period will not be considered.
Format for all submissions
Submissions are open to Ghanaian writers only.
• All submissions must be typed, double-spaced for fiction and nonfiction; poetry may be single-spaced, 12points in Times New Roman.
• All submissions should be sent as a Microsoft Word doc. attachment, but PDF is accepted if the submission is to retain a special visual format.
• Please include a simple cover letter in the body of the email, including your name and the part of Ghana from where you are sending us your submission. See https://www.aerogrammestudio.com/2014/08/14/how-to-submit-your-writing-to-literary-magazines/ on cover letters.
• Your name and identifying information should not appear in the attached file.
• Work submitted must be previously unpublished in print and online.
• We do not accept multiple submissions across separate genres. Please submit to only one genre per submission window.
• All work submitted shall be edited, writers are to expect and be ready to edit their work with our editors.
• Simultaneous submissions are accepted; writers must notify us immediately the work is accepted elsewhere.
• Because we are not currently able to pay contributors, we do not charge a submission fee.
• Send only complete, fully proofread work. We will not consider revisions once the work is submitted.
• Our average response time is eight to ten weeks. Please do not query before then.
Thank you in advance for giving us the chance to consider your work for our anthology. Any questions regarding submissions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.